Tuesday, 27 April 2010

My first Corset



Yes I know it does not look fabulous, but it was my first corset and at first it seemed it will be simple to make a corset.It was a bad cut, I just took finished pattern. Sketch on the pattern envelope looked perfect. hmmm.And of course there was this silly idea to make the first corset in an expensive silk.
Okay, we all learning from mistakes.
Corset is made of two layers of material (top is the silk and lining is the cotton) has 10 metal spiral bones and 4 smooth metal bones behind at the back, front busk is tight and firm, back tightening with the laces, there's no modesty panel.I even put on detachable suspenders at the request of my dear:)This corset is in the closet as a reminder.

 

This is the famous pattern. Afterwards, I came across a forum where people are agreed that this corset cut is not made happily , at least not by today's understanding of how should modern corset look like.
I believe that at that time (1880th year) was modern different silhouette of a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment