Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Sofa

Hi there!
There are several reasons for this that I have not written a blog for more than a month. The first is the elderflower season when I make syrup. Another reason is strawberry jam which I do every year and we just emptied the last jar of the last year.

After that, my husband and I we ventured into renovation of our sofa. It looks simple, but believe me it is not. It was a procedure that, for me, lasted three days. We have changed the wire core, we add another layer of sponge, new backrests and new upholstery.  
 
before


after

 It looks a bit rumpled because the fabric is 100% cotton twill, I washed it and dried in the dryer before cutting to pre-shrunk the fabric.

I am satisfied with the work done, but it was the last time I did that. Too much stress and wasted time. Next time we buy a new sofa!

And then I become addicted after reading Karen Marie Moning "Darkfever" first part of the Fever Series so I had to read the other four sequels, immediately :)

I have a few new things to show you, but more on that tomorrow.
 

2 comments:

  1. sviđa mi se kauč!svaka čast, sve sama napraviti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala.Šivala sam presvlaku dva puta prije ovog,ali ovaj put je to bio pošteni posao s tapeciranjem koje izgleda jednostavno ali ipak nije.

      Delete