Friday, 14 February 2014

Introducing the New Shop and 30's 40's Style Satin Lingerie

I opened a new shop on Etsy!!!!!! and now I'm slowly moving all the apparel to my new store. So if you don't find dungarees,overalls,slacks and other goodies in my Coco'sRetroCloset shop, take a look at my new shop RetroSpectiveFashion .

I had only one sale in the new shop for now but Wow what a sale! Or more specifically, to whom. 
This customer is an artist, specifically, a sculptor whose works can be found in museums all over the world. My trousers will go on a sculpture in a museum for a permanent exhibit about American women in the 1940's. 
His art is amassing! Hopefully I will see the finished sculpture.


Now, I would like to show you just finished project, actually a custom order. 
30's 40's style lingerie made with vintage (1930's?) satin fabric. It was a wedding dress ripped in pieces. I have to tell that I don't like to work with slippery fabrics but this vintage satin was gorgeous, so heavy and shiny. But anyway, I wouldn't work with it anymore. With new fabric...maybe but not with used fabric. 
This is the result.

 a bra

 garter belt

 and panties

No comments:

Post a Comment