Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Cape

My first one, desired a long long time. The pattern is from Burda Magazine 10/2015 in Plus size so I had to reduce pattern one size down.




I realized how actually awkward wearing the cape is.
It's ok if you wear it unbuttoned as I did on the photos, but if it's cold and you would like to  wear it buttoned up then the problems begin. Where to with the bag? Under the cape?...than you have an ugly bulge. Yes, cape has front openings but it's only practical for opening the doors and similar. Basically, it is alright while holding hands bent at the elbows and just your hands popping out, but believe me it's impossible to straiten your arms through the openings when your cape is buttoned up.

So ...  if you plan to sew or buy a cape, consider whether you want a front or side openings. I would definitely recommend side openings.


1 comment:

  1. Well, maybe it is impractical, but it sure looks lovely! Great job, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete