Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Hand dye with iDye Poly

Two years ago I decided to hand dye some of my white lingerie. I bought iDye Poly in red, for 100% polyester and nylon fibers. It was in the drawer until last week when I finally gathered my courage and dyed one old, strange shade of pink and one brand new white Playtex "Cross Your Heart" Wire-Free Bra and white handmade garter belt (with separate strap elastic only, without strap regulators and grips). 


I wanted red bra (definition of the red color for me is bright red) to match with my red garter belts, but this red turned out to be dark burgundy red...
Must admit after all this effort I was exhausted and completely sad at that moment, but after I calmed down, I realized that the color turned out beautifully. This is now my favorite bra and garter belt.


What I learned about hand dyeing is: wear gloves, cover your stove and surrounding area with tin foil and face it with the fact that the pigment with the steam will get into every hole in a kitchen hood.  
If you want lighter shade, dissolve color little by little in a separate bowl with hot water.
And you'll have to wash dyed items at least hundred times before water is clear...
For more info about dyeing visit  http://www.jacquardproducts.com/forums/discussions

2 comments:

  1. Ovo je divna boja.
    Svaka čast na farbanju, ne bih se toga sjetila, i da, malo je risky ako ode u krivi ton boja, srećom tebi je ispalo baš dobro, I ja volim žarku crvenu, ali ovo zaista izgleda super i u vinskoj verziji. Jel otpušta boju u pranju, ili stoji sve kako treba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na žalost pušta boju i još nakon nekoliko pranja..

      Delete