Monday, 16 November 2015

How to Wear Your Retro Style Highwaist Garter Belt

From time to time I receive a message regarding the sizing and length of the straps on my garter belts, for example:
"I purchased the medium, but the elastic is very tight and cuts into my skin even at the widest setting, and I have to put them very high on my waist to fit so the straps do not reach far enough for my stockings."


My answer was: Coco'sretroCloset garter belts are retro style-high waist and are supposed to be worn on the natural waistline, not on the hips. Also garter straps are adjustable with regulators and supposed to be long enough for standard stockings length.
If you want to wear garter belts on your hips then you need to order size up but in that case they may slip down.

So once again...
HOW TO WEAR YOUR Coco'sRetroCloset (or any other retro style high waist) GARTER BELT?

They should be worn at your waistline and not on your hips!!!


Coco'sRetroCloset garter belts are primarily designed to hold your stockings in place. They are mostly strong and sturdy (exceptions are mesh and delicate lace garters) and they are made to be worn with any kind of stockings, from vintage non-stretch, hold-ups to thick wool winter stockings.

If you prefer to wear your garter belt lower on your hips than take one size up when ordering, but in that case they just might slip of...

All garter straps can be adjusted with length regulators.


Do you wear your garter belts high or low?

2 comments:

  1. I wear mine high :) But then I only own 2 garter belts, and they are vintage pull on girdles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!
    Seeing so many people using retro style belts like aprons makes me nuts. It's their belt, they can use it how they want, however that is not what they are made for.
    I use them at the waist, obviously :) And the one you made me fits perfect. It is hard to find ready to wear belts in my size and I think part of the problem is that many people don't place them at the waist, if they did there wold probably be more demand for smaller belts. That is also probably the reason people feel the need to wear belts with hold-ups, if the belts were holding the stockings up they wouldn't need the sticky stockings.

    ReplyDelete